Tips To Keep Rats, Mice, and Other Small Pests Out Of Your Washington Home
Rodents can contaminate food sources and serve as vectors of many diseases, such as salmonella and the potentially fatal Hantavirus. Moreover, mice and rats can cause serious structural damage by chewing through insulation, wallboards, wood and electrical wiring.It’s much easier to prevent an infestation than to get rid of pests after they’ve found a cozy retreat and plenty of food inside the home. The Washington pest control Experts at PestStop.com recommends the following tips to keep homes rodent-free:
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter, using caulk, steel wool or a combination of both.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Inspect items such as boxes, grocery bags and other packages brought into the home.