Just because it is cold outside, doesn’t mean pest problems have gone away. Chuck Sullivan Exterminators (www.peststop.com) reminds homeowners that winter is actually a critical time to pest-proof around the house to help keep pests from coming indoors.
Although winter is a time of hibernation for many animals, certain pests can be year round issues that homeowners should continuously address to prevent infestations and damage.
- Look for missing roof shingles, ripped window screens and clogged gutters, all of which are entry points for pests.
- Seal cracks and holes including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around basement foundations and windows.
- Keep basements, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Vacuum around doors and windows. Frequent vacuuming can catch invaders like spiders, silverfish, earwigs and beetles.
- Inspect garages and outbuildings for rodents or signs of a rodent infestation. Organize cluttered debris, boxes and random items along the walls where mice may hide or nest.
For more information on pest prevention for all seasons, please visit www.peststop.com